Covenant of Appointment of Emissary
- The Sacred Well Congregation of Texas shall, as required for the furtherance of her ministry and secular affairs, appoint worthy and well qualified persons as Congregational Emissaries. Congregational Emissaries are appointed for specific periods of time and for specific purposes and serve at the pleasure of the International Executive Council (IEC). Congregational Emissaries may be appointed to lead Open Circles, represent the Congregation to a specific agency or event, or for any other purpose deemed necessary by the IEC. Any member of The Sacred Well Congregation of Texas, or any other person deemed qualified, may be appointed as a Congregational Emissary. Emissary Appointments will be tendered judiciously and will customarily be reserved for Deaconry Candidates-in-Training.
- Procedures, Conditions and Terms
- Emissary Appointments shall be tendered by the IEC only. If accepted by the person to whom the appointment is tendered, the person shall at all times act in the best interests of the Sacred Well Congregation, and shall adhere to her principles, Tenets, Constitution and By-Laws.
- The Congregational Emissary shall report to the IEC as required during the tenure of the appointment, and shall advise that body immediately upon any problem or difficulty encountered while acting as an Emissary of this Congregation.
- The Emissary Appointment shall expire on the date cited on the Certificate of Appointment, unless withdrawn earlier by action of the IEC. The Emissary shall remain a Supporting Member of the Congregation for the duration of the appointment.
In Convocation, Yule, 1999, Converse, Texas